SLIDER

A minimalism game - Update

October 26, 2013

Turns out this game way a lot harder than I thought... duh Keens. I always tend to think I'm awesome think challenges like this will be a piece of cake. I was going into it thinking "how hard can it be to get rid of some junk around my house?" Welllll the boy and I didn't even make it halfway through the month. Turns out we made it to day 13. That means we each threw away 91 items.

This is a look at day 8 + 9 for me. 
The hardest thing to throw away from this pile? The Cosmo magazine haha

Overall, I'm pretty proud of us. We got rid of some random junk that was lying around, and it got us to actively ask ourselves what we were keeping and why. I definitely feel like I'd do this challenge again. It might even be an annual event for us. Because honestly, do I really need 20 bottles of almost empty perfume? Or a box of ripped old clothes that I'm going to "make a pinterest project with"? Not even a little bit.

 So after giving myself a high five, I'm pretty proud to say I even tried this challenge.



 Do you think you could make it through all 30 days?

4 comments :

  1. I definitely need to do this! Did you sell any of your 91 items or just throw them all away?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I threw away all 91 items. If I forced myself to keep going on the challenge once all my junk was gone, I would definitely start selling things.

      Delete