SLIDER

Minimizing my jewelry

May 17, 2013

Today as I was getting ready to take over the world, I came across my usual frustration in dealing with my jewelry.  Every day when it comes time to put on some sparkle, I cringe inside at the state of my jewelry 'area'.  It is clumps of silver and gold, with rings, earrings, and necklaces all intertwined, making the task of finding anything impossible!  Now I'm definitely no girly girl, I have very little jewelry compared to some women I know, yet I can't manage to keep it organized.  Going with my strive for minimalism, that was todays task.



As you can see, this area is messier than a 1 year old eating their first cake! I can't even handle it anymore.  I have learned a few things after doing some jewelry organization research (I'm a loser I know). So after 2 hours of throwing out, cleaning and organizing, my jewelry masterpiece was born! I normally only really wear about a quarter of the jewelry I own, so I organized it to get to my favourite things easiest.





I can now put my jewelry on in the mornings with ease, and I don't have a panic attack just looking at it.  I also got ride of quite a few things, because frankly, how much jewelry does one person REALLY need? (Don't answer that ladies...) Haha








To go along with my jewelry organization, I even picked up this very nice 3 drawer chest from Target for about $18.00.  I scored a sweet opening week deal or something, I definitely didn't complain. With that, I was able to have a place for all my rings, earrings and bracelets.

Do any of you have trouble organizing jewelry?




     

1 comment :

  1. Jewelry can be a pain in the butt! Especially if it gets tangled. I try to limit my collection to the stuff I actually wear. I have a nice jewelry box that I love and so if my jewelry doesn't fit in their I have to get rid of something!

    ReplyDelete