SLIDER

5 reasons to be excited about summer

April 4, 2013

With the spring weather lately, I am getting excited for summer to roll around. There are so many reasons why I prefer summer, and now that I'm starting on this money journey, I love even more.

1) Allows you to clean house -  In the summer, for me at least, it allows me to go through my apartment, my stuff, my work and organize and throw things out. Everything needs to be lighter in the summer including your possessions. With the warm weather, it's the perfect opportunity to reorganize and simplify things. I have a lot more motivation to throw stuff away when I'm nice and warm instead of when I freeze being outside for one minute.

2) More cost effective activities - In the summer, there are so many more things to do outside.  I actually save a ton of money in the summer, because instead of snowboarding, going for dinner and going to movies;  I go for walks, enjoy festivals, go biking and pretty much all outdoor activities that cost little to nothing. One of my favourite things to do is get a camera and go for a walk. Photography is a little passion of mine, and you'd be surprised what you can catch on film while enjoying the outdoors and fresh air.

3) Less energy - If you own a house or rent a place, you know that especially in Canada, your power bills sky rocket in the winter. Obviously because we have to deal with -30 degree weather.  Power and gas bills go down a ton in the summer, and I love it!

4) Gardening - There are so many great herbs and vegetables that you can grow, that will cut down your groceries bill in half! I currently live in an apartment, SO I'm not really taking my own advice. But one thing I'm so excited for when I own a house, is my garden.  I can't stand plants indoors, but love plants outdoors! Bring on the healthy veggies!

5) Air travel - It's well known, especially in Canada, that flights are more expensive in winter because that is when everyone is trying to go away on a tropical vacation. Yes, winter is when people want to go away more, but in you choose to go in the summer, you will get more bang for your buck in terms of air flights and accommodations.

Summer brings so many wonderful things, and I can't wait for summer 2013! It's not long for us, so we have to enjoy it while we can!


-->

No comments :

Post a Comment